Awning & Hopper Windows by Vista
Awning windows are similar to a casement window that is turned on its side except that they have very different and special hardware. This special hardware allows the window to be hinged at the top and open towards the outside from the bottom.
Awning windows can actually provide some protection from the rain in the open position just like an 'awning'. Awning windows can be combined with Casement windows and Picture windows to create dramatic sightlines and combination windows.
Hopper windows are windows somewhat similar to Awning windows yet almost the opposite. Hoppers are hinged at the bottom of the window and open up from the top falling into the inside of the home. Hoppers are commonly used in basements, and especially in places where there is minimal room for a window to project into the outside.
All Vista Panorama Series Awning & Hopper Windows feature:
- Fully welded sash & frames
- Virgin uiPVC extrusions
- Energy Efficient 1" Dual Pane Insulated Glass Units
- Bulb (refrigerator-type) Seals
- Stepped frame for a superior seal
- Choice of Four Interior Woodgrain finishes
- Panorainbow Exterior Color System (Awning Only)
- Super Spacer Warm Edge Technology
- Triple Pane Insulated Glass Units
- Argon & Krypton Gas Fill
- Beveled and decorative glass options
- EEE-Z-KLEEN Hydrophobic Glass Coating
- VistAssure Glass Breakage Warranty Program
Energy Star Program
The U.S. Dept. of Energy's EnergyStar program utilizes our windows thermal performance data,
as tested, measured and rated by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC).
Vista windows are available with glazing configurations that meet or exceed EnergyStar standards in every zone.
For more information, talk to your Authorized Vista Dealer.
EnergyStar program for Windows, Doors and Skylights
National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC)